Additional Food Resources

If you need additional help getting food, our SNAP coordination team is here to help you get benefits.


The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as food stamps) is the federal program that provides supplemental grocery support to low-income households and is funded through the Farm Bill. In North Carolina, this program operates under Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) and provides an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card to households who qualify to receive support.  

Food Bank of the Albemarle has two SNAP outreach specialists who are trained to help you navigate the process of applying for and recertifying for SNAP food benefits. 

Connect with our team below: 

Amy Barclift: (252) 337-4755

Vikki Smith: (252) 312-5449

NC 211 

NC 211 is an information and referral service provided by United Way of North Carolina. Families and individuals can dial 2-1-1 to obtain free and confidential information on health and human services and resources within their community. Translation services are available. 


What is WIC?

WIC stands for Women, Infants, and Children (commonly known as the WIC Program). It is the Special Supplemental Program for Women, Infants, and Children funded by the USDA.

*Food Bank of the Albemarle does not provide direct services for those applying for WIC. To sign up for WIC benefits, please contact the health department in your county. 

Who is WIC for?

  • Children up to five years of age
  • Infants
  • Pregnant women
  • Breastfeeding women who have had a baby in the last 12 months
  • Women who have had a baby in the last six months

What Does WIC Provide?

  • Healthy foods
  • Health care referrals
  • Breastfeeding support
  • Eating tips for you and your child

Am I Eligible for WIC?

To be eligible, you or your child must:

  • Live in North Carolina
  • Live in a household with income at or below WIC guidelines

Visit this website for more information on eligibility in North Carolina.

[contact-form-7 id="26" title="Suscribe"]